YASKAWA EMEA Whistleblower Policy
In line with the implementation of YASKAWA EMEA Group Code Conduct, YASKAWA Group offers an independent communication channel in which its employees – either anonymous or with their names – can report alleged breaches of law or breaches of internal policies and regulations without threating their legal position. This policy outlines the basic rules of communication:
Unless otherwise defined elsewhere in this Policy, the meanings of the terms used in this Policy shall be as follows:
||YASKAWA Europe GmbH performing function as EMEA headquarters and YCO
||YASKAWA Country Organization in EMEA
||YEU and its YCOs
||The communication platform serving to report alleged breaches of law or breaches of internal policies and regulations. The Whistleblower Channel in its current set-up comprises a webbased platform or an App as possible modes of communication.
||Any person working inside YEU or a YCO equally comprising directors, managers, officers and workers of all levels either under permanent or temporary employment contract.
|Alleged breach of law or breach of internal policy or regulation
||Comprises any criminal act or breaches of law such as offences against competition law, financial irregularities, false information to public authorities, data leakage, damage to the environment, non-compliance with workplace safety, sexual harassment etc.
||Human Resources Department
||This policy equally addresses males and females. For smooth reading the text refers to “he” only.
§2 Purpose of Whistleblower Channel
- The Whistleblower platform serves as preventive tool to minimize damage to the company caused by breaches of law or violations of internal policies and regulations.
- Therefore only topics like offences against competition law, financial irregularities, false information to public authorities, data leakage, damage to the environment, non-compliance with workplace safety, sexual harassment etc. must be reported.
- Any kind of social conflict, personal dissatisfaction in business, such as conflict with colleagues, dissatisfaction with wages shall be addressed to the responsible line manager or your HR department.
- If a report designated for HR is filed, the Whistleblower will receive a notification to follow communication through his line manager or HR department and the case will not be further investigated.
§3 Communication flow
- The Whistleblower Channel is a closed and secure channel. All communication and translation will exclusively be made on this platform.
- The Whistleblower may choose to report anonymously where local laws permit or file a report under his contact details according to his own discretion.
- An independent team will receive the report and conduct investigations.
- While additional information could be required for successful investigations, the Whistleblower is strongly requested to check back in his postbox if there are any messages.
- All information filed on anonymous basis will remain anonymous as long as the Whistleblower decides to disclose his contact details. The Whistleblower shall exercise due care to avoid disclosing his identity in the context of describing the incidence.
- All people investigating a case will treat the information as strictly confidential and will not disclose it as long it results in a court case or if the law so requires.
- To avoid any impact on the result of the investigation, the Whistleblower shall also treat his report under strict confidence and not communicate the case outside the Whistleblower platform. However, nothing in this statement limits the Whistleblower in seeking external consultation or legal advice.
§5 Protection of rights
The position of an Employee who has reported an alleged breach of law or violation of internal policies or regulations in good faith will not be prejudiced in any way whatsoever as a result of making such a report.
§6 Abusing Whistleblower Channel
Employees using the system shall not make false accusation or report for disparaging or unjustifiable purpose.
For any abuse of the system might result in unnecessary investigation or legal consultation as well as wrong allegation to people, YASKAWA Group reserves the right – in line with the applicable laws - to take disciplinary or legal action towards anyone using the Whistleblower System for wrongful purposes.